What are the most likely problem areas in the bathroom renovation industry?
Mosaic tiles are commonly used on the floor however the grout discolours and absorbs dirt and body oils. Scrubbing the grout wears down the waterproofing agents. Eventually dampness appears on the walls.
Use a shower base, it is hygienic, easy to clean and still looks good after many years. It eliminates waterproofing problems.
By law shower doors must be made of toughened glass. The vulnerable components of shower doors are all the mechanisms that swivel, slide and pivot around these can be the problem areas.
- Ensure that a good quality wood is used. It must be sealed and suitable for the purpose for which it is to be used.
- Ensure that the cabinet has sufficient ventilation.
- Cabinets can be set on leg sets or be wall hung to prevent water damage.
- Ensure that you always read the guarantee
- Only buy a good quality Spa baths from reputable companies that have been in existence for many years.
- Install to manufacturers specifications.
- Allow for sufficient inspection doors to give access to the area under the bath.
- NB. Get someone that is sufficiently skilled & experienced to install your spa bath as it can give you endless problems.